Banana and Seed Pancakes
Jasmine is my 16 year old niece and a few weeks ago, she introduced us to this recipe. It is incredibly straightforward, delicious and healthy. I have added the seed – use linseed or whatever health kick you might like. Minna added cinnamon and vanilla; take your pick. I adore pancakes and the fabulous thing about these is you could actually have them every morning and not feel guilty! (My children have had them every morning bar a couple for about 4 weeks – adding maple syrup is a definite draw…)
2 bananas (these must be fresh. If they are old, then the mixture will not hold shape.)
2 tbsp flaxeed mix (try Linwoods: Flaxseed, almonds, brazil nuts, walnuts and co-enzume Q10, for example) – optional
Blueberries – optional
Butter, coconut oil or oil
1. Blend the bananas and the eggs with whichever gadget you have.
2. Take a frying pan and melt the butter/oil/coconut oil and when it is hot, pour the mixture into small drop-scone size pancakes, spaced around the frying pan.
3. Place 3 or 4 blueberries in the pancakes. (optional)
3. When the mixture is firm on the bottom which will take about 3 minutes, turn it over and cook the other side.
4. Remove onto a warm plate while you prepare the remaining pancakes.
5. Serve with fruit or maple syrup.