You can add whatever you like to these. Just add 100g of whatever it is. The first batch had cranberries and white chocolate chips, the second choc chips and the third, choc chips and roasted hazelnuts. A batch will make 14 large cookies, or 20 smaller ones.
These are not healthy but they are gluten free. There is a lot of sugar in them so no pretending there, but they will make your soul sing.
125g unsalted butter
115 soft brown sugar
110 golden caster sugar (or standard)
1tsp vanilla extract
220g gluten free self raising flour
- Preheat the oven to 190C/370F
- Mix the sugars and butter together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, and the vanilla, mixing in for a few seconds before adding the flour. Do not mix the eggs for too long before adding the flour so that you avoid a split mixture.
- With your clean hands, roll pingpong size balls and press them lightly onto a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 8 minutes before removing from the oven and allowing to cool on the tray. They will not appear cooked but when they have cooled on the tray will maintain a chewy texture.