This really is a problem. These are DELICIOUS!!! I have done Jane Fonda 1988 aerobics 3 times this week already and I am not feeling the benefits thanks to all this baking!
Easy peasy and quick if you do not make your own puff pastry. Your ironing/plant spray will be handy too.
40g unsalted butter
50g brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
240g puff pastry
1 egg yolk
caster sugar for sprinkling.
1. Melt the butter and mix in the currants, sugar, and cinnamon.
2. Roll out 60g of puff pastry to about 14cm in diameter.
3. Pile the currant mixture on top and fold over the pastry, encapsulating the currants. Secure by squeezing the pastry ends together or with a little water, little little.
4. Put the cakes on a baking sheet with the sealed edge at the bottom. Press it down with a rolling pin or the palm of your hand.
5. Brush the side which is face down with egg white and sprinkle it with caster sugar. Do the same with the other side.
6. Make a couple of slits in the middle of the top side of the cakes.
7. Spray lightly with water to caramelise the cakes when baking.
8. Put them in the oven for about 20 minutes until golden and sticky.
9. Cool on a rack. They will keep for a few days but the sooner you eat them, the yummier they will be.