Gluten Free Crumpet Bread
I really miss crumpets and I also miss marmite. Marmite is not gluten free! Who’d’ve thought? Anyway, this photograph shows the bread toasted with salt and pepper, … and you can of course add whatever you want. I prefer this toasted; with honey or jam is good too. Today however I am in a salty mood. It is uniquely delicious and when I eat it I am not thinking that I miss crumpets and marmite; it is a good alternative and healthier, apart from the butter …
1 x 7g sachet of yeast/ 0.25 oz
150g rice flour / 5 oz
100g tapioca flour / 4 oz
75g sweet rice flour / 2.5
100g buckwheat flour / 4 oz
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups of water (350ml)
- Mix everything together and pour into a lined loaf tin (you must do this as it is a runny mixture)
- Leave to rise for an hour or until cracks begin to appear on the surface. (if you leave it for longer it may overflow. Just spoon some of it off so it does not overflow while baking)
- Bake at 200 degrees C for 25 minutes.
- After 10 minutes in the tin, remove onto a wire rack and from the paper loaf liner to cool.
- Toast to eat as you would a crumpet.