Jerusalem Artichoke Soup
Quick! It is the time of year for this soup which is I think my favourite of all soups I have ever had ………
Half an onion
30mls olive oil
600g peeled and sliced Jerusalem Artichokes
600mls chicken stock (homemade if poss) or vegetable stock – if you are not a veggie chicken is preferable
80ml cream (but a little at a time, according to taste
Salt to season to taste
1. Fry the onion in the melted butter and olive oil until glossy.
2. Add the artichokes and coat in the oil.
3. Add the stock and bubble for about half an hour until completely mushily tender.
4. Whizz in the blender and pass though a sieve.
5. Add the cream and season to taste.
6. Garnish with chives and a little truffle oil if you have any. Really good with sourdough bread.