Leftover Baked Potatoes with Caviar and Soured Cream
I don’t know about you, but I find that sometimes I think we will have this or that for lunch and then something else is eaten and I end up with unintentional leftovers. Well here I had cold baked potatoes looking wrinkled and lonely and perhaps not fit for much … until … I realise we had some lumpfish caviar in the fridge leftover from a treat the day. And soured cream also leftover. A perfect culinary marriage.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Carefully halve the cold baked potatoes and spoon out the potato from its skin. The skin may break easily so best not to rush this.
- Put all of the potato in a bowl and heat it up with some butter and a little salt. Whisk it together so that it is light and fluffy.
- Spoon the mixture into the empty cases and bake until heated through.
- Top with soured cream and caviar – no need to go as overboard as I did with two types!! Over to you.