Lemon Ricotta Courgette Canapes
This is fiddly but simple. Follow the ricotta recipe if you can’t find fresh ricotta, and then read on.
1 clove garlic
Mild salt flakes such as Maldon sea salt
zest of an unwaxed organic lemon
1. If you have a mandolin, use it to slice the courgettes extremely thinly – I did mine on the 1/4 cm setting. If not, be supersonically careful with a very sharp knife. (not meaning to state the obvious but I ended up having a finger operated on due to not being careful)
2. Put some olive oil in a frying pan and sizzle the courgettes, in it until they are slightly cooked, so just for a minute. Remove onto kitchen paper.
3. Mix the remaining ingredients and season to taste with lemon zest and salt.
4. Place a teaspoonful at one end of the courgette slice.
5. Roll it up very carefully. I made these the day before, storing them in the fridge and bringing them to nearer room temperature before serving.