Mincemeat and Brandy Parfait
We were having friends for lunch on a Sunday last week and I drew a total blank on what to have for pudding. So I made this, and it is yum – think mince pies, brandy butter, and ice cream. And then it became an excuse to eat ice cream alongside Granny Dot’s Christmas pudding. This parfait will most definitely become a Christmas/Winter tradition as it was loved by all.
6 egg yolks
220g icing sugar
400ml double cream
200g mince meat or leftover Christmas pudding
Loaf tin lined with a few layers of cling film.
1. Beat the yolks with the sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Whisk the cream until medium peaks form on your whisk when lifted.
3. Fold everything together gently so that it remains airy.
4. Now put the mixture into a loaf tin and fold the cling film over to cover it completely.
5. Put it in the freezer for at least 4 hours. Because of the alcohol it will be a little soft so you do not need to remove it long before you plan to eat it.