Mohitos on a balmy evening
The sun is out!! Hooray!!! And to celebrate, we are drinking Mohitos. Mid week I know, but while Dorset offers a wealth of England’s green and pleasant land, that does not involve the sun as often as we would like. We therefore must celebrate, and tonight, we are doing so in style.
100mls white rum – Bacardi
2 1/2 – 3 tbsp granulated sugar
25 mint leaves
2 limes, squeezed
lots of crushed ice
a dash of sparkling water
1. Pounds the mint with the sugar just a little – don’t get your little ones to help as it will be a pulp, which you do not want!
2. Add the alcohol and leave it for 5 minutes during which time the mint and sugar will infuse.
3. Put it in a cocktail shaker and add the crushed ice.
4. Shake away before pouring into a cocktail glass and adding a splash of sparkling water.
5. Enjoy it, as we are/did on a glorious evening….