Rice Hash with Garlic Yoghurt
At the end of the week I looked in the fridge and could see nothing. So often nothing turns into something, and this something was so good that I made it again. So the ingredients may vary but the basis is the point….
125g wholegrain rice or other healthy rice!
2tbsp olive oil
100g feta cheese
yellow or red pepper (of half of each for more colour)
5 spring onions or 2 small leeks
1 clove of garlic finely chopped
sunblushed tomatoes, oak smoked peppers (Pink’s Organics), or whatever you may have that needs finished off ….
2tbsp of chutney or onion jam
1. Boil the rice in about 800mls of water until tender.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the vegetables, leaving the garlic on the side to add when the vegetables are almost cooked through.
3. Add the garlic and fry for another minute or so.
4. Add the feta cheese, broken up into chunks.
4. Stir in the rice and the chutney or onion jam.
5. I like to serve this with garlic yoghurt sauce on the side.
250 mls plain yoghurt
1 clove garlic
1/4 tsp maldon sea salt or 1/8 of table salt
1. Finely chop the garlic and sprinkle the salt on top.
2. Using the flat side of a knife, press the salt into the garlic so that a paste is formed.
3. Add this to the yoghurt.