Sticky Toffee Pudding
Okay, so I am RUBBISH! I think that I will be really good and post many many recipes and then I get distracted and I don’t! This time I have been distracted by moving to Canada which may not happen because of the plague that has struck us all. So here I am in lock down and what better thing to do that post recipes and more importantly, eat Sticky Toffee Pudding. I do honestly believe that eating such things is as good for the soul as is going for a run; I do need to do both otherwise I will be in trouble on many levels.
Here we go. My favourite pudding.
225g/8oz pitted dates
1 tea bag
3 eggs (if you use standard flour you only need 2 eggs)
75g/2.5oz unsalted butter
2 tbsp strong black coffee or Camp coffee
60g/2oz golden syrup
200g/70z brown sugar
225g/8oz flour (gluten free or standard)
3 tsp baking powder (gluten free or standard)
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1. Soak dates in boiling water with a tea bag added (so the dates are well covered). Leave to cool.
2. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/356ºF
3. Whizz all the ingredients in a blender.
4. Put in a square dish (20x20cm) lined with baking paper
5. Pour into dish
6. Bake about 45 mins until springy to touch and a knife comes out clean
100g/3.5oz unsalted butter
100g/3.5oz golden syrup
100g/3.5oz brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1. Put the first 3 ingredients in a pan over a low heat until melted
2. Turn up the heat and simmer for 5 minutes
3. Add the salt – you may need a bit more – it takes the edge off the sweetness
4. Add cream and simmer for 5
Serve with warm sauce and cream and ice cream and it is so delicious in a deep bowl so the sauce sinks in. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm