Sultana Biscuits or Cookies
Second time around, these are perfect. First time they tasted perfect but did not look the part. So with an addition here and there, these are yummy squishy delicious biscuits – or cookies really as biscuits I always think, are crunchy while cookies are slightly squishy. Am I wrong?
125g unsalted butter
100g golden caster sugar
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp golden syrup
1 free range or organic egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
100g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C.
2. Whip up the butter and sugars, then add the golden syrup, vanilla and the egg.
3. Add the flour and baking powder, and finally the sultanas.
4. With your clean hands or a spoon or a cooking glove, place golf ball size pieces on a baking sheet, 6 per baking sheet in 3 rows to allow spreading.
5. Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes until lightly golden.
6. After about 3 minutes cooling, you should be able to transfer them into a wire rack to cool.
7. Store in an airtight container.