Vegetable Garden Soup
This is an everything but the kitchen sink soup and has quickly become a favourite. It is perfect for the freezer to remind you of summer days. A generous grating of Parmesan tempts the children and some sourdough bread alongside makes it feel even more heartily healthy.
A glug olive oil
1 large marrow
175g runner beans
1 bulb garlic, skins removed
1 heaped tsp ground coriander
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1. Roughly chop all of the ingredients except small tomatoes and garlic cloves which you leave whole.
2. Put some olive oil in a heavy based pan and add all of the ingredients and a teaspoon of Maldon sea salt or equivalent mild salt. Do not add the spices yet.
3. Let it simmer over a medium heat for about 50 minutes or until completely soft.
4. Add the spices and season.
5. Blitz in a blender and sieve into a pan. Season to taste.
6. Heat and serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese.